On the Web:
Happiness, Presence, Resilience, Mindfulness
1. Greater Good in Action: Science-Based Practices for a Meaningful Life
UC Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center, in collaboration with HopeLab, launched Greater Good in Action. Synthesizing hundreds of scientific studies, Greater Good in Action collects the best research-based methods for a happier, more meaningful life—and puts them at your fingertips in a format that’s easy to navigate and digest.
Learn to meditate in a moment with this hugely popular animated video, based on Martin Boroson’s book, One-Moment Meditation. For the free One-Moment. For the Meditation mobile app, visit: Get Bigger Than What’s Bugging You A Self-Paced, 5-Day E-Course from Focusing Resources that helps you disentangle from limiting habits of thinking and feeling and shift to a more resourceful state.
Many helpful, informative free resources.
Since 1991, the HeartMath Institute has researched and developed reliable, scientifically based tools to help people bridge the connection between their hearts and minds, and deepen their connection with the hearts of others.
Also, check out app’s to help you easily set a timer to meditate, e.g., I use the free “Meditation Timer” app.
Resources for “Heart-Centered” Entrepreneurs
“When you want to make a difference and need to make a profit.” A load of resources at a wide range of payment levels from free on up. I experience Mark and his crew as very authentic and heart-centered.
2. Marie Forleo
I enjoy her Tuesday videos – short, informative, fun. I experience Marie as super fun and creative and also wise.
3. Jenny Shih
“Business doesn’t have to be so hard.” Jenny is full of energy, driven, very “real,” and helpful. Wide range of services and freebies.
Here’s a handful of some of my favorites on coaching and on supporting creativity and awareness in life:
- Presence-Based Coaching by Doug Silsbee
- Co-Active Coaching by Henry Kimsey-House, Karen Kimsey-House and Phillip Sandahl
- The Leadership Dojo by Richard Strozzi-Heckler
- Taming your Gremlin by Rick Carson
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer
- Big Magic, Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Any of the wonderful books by Thich Nhat Hahn
- Mama Gena’s School of Womanly Arts by Regena Thomashauer
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Emotional Options: A Handbook for Happiness by Mandy Evans
- The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing by Ann Weiser
- The Joy Diet by Martha Beck
- Let Your Life Speak by Parker Palmer
- Any poetry by Mary Oliver
- Any works of Joanna Macy