My passion in coaching is helping people wake up to their goodness, shed their old limits and start living and creating with more awareness, resiliency and aliveness. My clients have repeatedly shown me that underneath “shoulds” and “what ifs” and hidden limiting beliefs, there is goodness ready to bust out. It’s juicy stuff like Curiosity. Insight. Creativity. Humor. Courage. Love. Intuitive Knowing.
I am deeply committed to helping people grow beyond fears and self-defeating habits to tap into possibility and inner resources so they can enjoy life and create more good in the(ir) world(s). I believe that when we learn to treat ourselves well and allow our inner truths to lead the way, we feel more centered and alive. From there, we can create a healthier world.
Coach and Training Experience
- Coach Training Institute (CTI) and Coach for Life, 2005-2006.
- PCC-level certification by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Advanced coach training and certification with Doug Silsbee and Presence-Based Leadership and Presence-Based Coaching (PBC). 2011-2013.
- Trained as a mentor coach (2014) and am on staff as Mentor Coach for the Presence-Based Coaching program.
- Coach with the Darcy Luoma Coaching and Consulting Team.
- Volunteer Coach and Coach Training Coordinator for the non-profit organization One to One: Women Coaching Women, “changing the world, one woman at a time.”
- Continuing education has included Moods & Emotions with Newfield Network, Body-Centered Coaching with Marlena Field, Inner Relationship Focusing with Focusing Resources.
- Provide laser coaching for the DreamBank of American Family Insurance.
- Taught coaching methods for the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Facilitate groups and coaching circles, workshops.
More about Sharon
My work before coaching included developing and evaluating women’s health programs, evaluating a program of the National Science Foundation, gardening with adults with mental illness, farming with a CSA and managing marketing & education programs for a large food cooperative. My academic background includes a Bachelor of Science with honors and a Master’s degree in Public Health in Health Behavior/Health Education from the University of Michigan.
Though all of that was interesting and engaging, something in me knew that there was more for me to investigate. I noticed a consistent interest and passion for human potential, creativity and various wisdom traditions. I wondered how I might pull these together into meaningful work.
In 2005, I met a coach while on a 24-hour get-away and something in me sat up and hollered “YES!” Though another part of me resisted defiantly, I began exploring coach training options. I felt a powerful sense of coming home as I read some of the program descriptions. I loved the “both/and” paradigm of coaching that includes rigorous methodology AND a deep honoring of individuals and their brilliance, “inner knowing” and wholeness. Impressive data of effectiveness sealed the deal for me and, looking directly at my major blocks of “I can’t… (afford this!)” and “What if… (it doesn’t work out?!),” I chose to take the leap.
Becoming a coach and growing a business has given me plenty of opportunity to face “old stuck stuff” and grow beyond it. I know what it is to explore, vision, get started, question myself, slog back into old habits, make a new choice, practice presence and resilience, take an inspired step, align choices and actions with values, and enjoy new results. For much of the journey, I’ve had the company of a coach, helping me hold a larger perspective, call upon my inner resources and see and live beyond my usual limits. I am honored to offer this to others.
On the personal side…
I’m a woman with many passions and can be found gardening at my community garden, biking to my office, baking with my daughters, selling a friend’s herb plants at the farmer’s market, kayaking in Lake Wingra or strumming my ukulele. Life is good!
What do you want to change, create, or experience? If you are ready to invest in your truth and yourself to make a positive change or creation, let’s talk!
Contact me for a free Exploratory Session.